February 11, 2021: XY Counseling, A Marriage and Family Therapy Corporation, is hiring a licensed psychotherapist, LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or Psychologist to work online, until we return to in person sessions when it is safe to do so.
XY Counseling specializes in working with men, couples, and teens helping them live more connected, fulfilling lives. We believe in the healing power of creativity, mindfulness, laughter, embodiment, and connection. Duties include seeing 10-20 clients a week (caseload will be built up over the first three months of employment), writing treatment plans and progress notes.
Applicant must possess the following attributes:
- Current License to practice psychotherapy in CA.
- Strong, reliable internet connection for online sessions.
- The ability to work until 7pm at least two nights a week.
- Be tech-savvy.
Furthermore, the following qualities are desirable:
- Specific training in couples work – PACT and/or EFT models preferred.
- Interest in Expressive Arts, Hakomi, and Somatic therapies.
- Experience with adolescents.
- Experience using Simple Practice.
This is an hourly, paid position, with a commission that equals a percentage of revenue generated. Benefits include:
- Client referrals.
- Work from anywhere via online sessions for the time being.
- Low amount of required paperwork.
- No insurance billing.
Please send an email to alexander at xyCounseling dot com with the subject line “Clinical Position”. Include:
- In the body of the email: cover letter and supplemental questions below.
- Your resume as a PDF attachment.
- Answers to the following supplemental questions:
- When are you able to begin this position?
- Why are you looking to join this group instead of opening up your own private practice?
- What is your familiarity or experience working with adults and couples especially?
- What clinical specialties make you stand out as a clinician?
- What is your theoretical approach when working with clients?
- Are you able and willing to commit to XY Counseling for at least two years of part-time employment?
- What other jobs do you currently have?
- Do you have experience with Simple Practice?
- What is important about you as a candidate that doesn’t come across in a resume?
You will only be contacted if there is interest in setting up an in-person interview. No phone calls please. Thanks!
XY Counseling is an equal opportunity employer. XY Counseling will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.